#TimeToShine a Huge Success
Well that’s a wrap!
Youth Haven’s “Time to Shine” Prom was a huge success.
On June 6th, 2019, our youth arrived at Ferndale Banquet Hall where they were dressed into their stunning gowns and suits. They were then pampered by professional makeup artists and hair stylists. During these moments our youth were smiling, laughing, shining, one young lady said she felt like a princess. The makeup artists and hair stylists were loving every minute of getting our youth ready for their big day.
After all of their dazzling was complete, the youth went out front to get professional prom photos taken. Barrie’s Fire and Emergency service team brought their fire truck, while 400 Chrysler provided two amazing vehicles for professional prom pictures. Our youth were amazed at the kindness they were receiving!
Watching our youth take their pictures was very touching. They felt proud, happy, beautiful, cared for and they were shining. After those very special prom pics they walked into a beautiful hall with a fog machine, laser lights and a D.J playing their jam. There was an assortment of drinks, cold and hot appetizers that were served throughout the night. Our youth enjoyed all the food and drinks. They were happily stuffed by the end of the night. With awesome enthusiasm, our MC Shak got our youth to their feet dancing and taking part in the fun all night. She made sure everyone had a smile on their face. We had a special surprise when two of our youth got on stage and each sang a song ok their big night. They were shining on that stage. Each youth received an appreciation certificate and Shak plaques.
Events like this empower our youth. Thank you to everyone for sharing our mission to give our youth every possible opportunity for brighter futures!
We are grateful to the amazing team who helped make our 2019 #TimeToShine Prom possible:
- Rod Thompson Photography
- Sergio Morales
- John Brassard
- Chris Ivany of Barrie Fire And Emergency Service
- Sharon Smith, Connect Hair Studio team
- Erin Royal
- Katie McMillin
- Pauline Jefferson
- Tracy Grieve Huurman
- Eve Rogers
- The Modern College of Hairstyling & Esthetics team (Sarah Lippa-Johnson, Taylor-Rhae English, Hannah Abbott, Max Mejia, Chainie Hamilton, Cassie Laughlin, Yaidelin Miranda, Lila Snider, Mikayla Newman, Emily Roberts)
- Shakir Barmare, Rejoice Event Photography
- Christy Fines, 400 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Ferndale Banquet Hall & Catering
- Jim Lowe of Assisting You Social
- Patrick Davis of Outside the Box Graphic Design
- Jennifer Andrews-Carr Volunteer
- Shanicka Edwards (Shak) of Shaks World (MC)
- Kenesha Tuesdai Lewis of Get Noticed Media
- Mary of Kiwanis Club of Barrie
- Michael Sauro of Zehrs & Loblaws
- William J Teggart of William J Teggart Personal Injury and Law
- Megan Hazlewood of Loved Again Bridal
- Bruce Hogan of Wimpy’s Diner
- Gayle Brock of Brock Medical Malpractices Law PC
- Karen Zinn of Multi Tech Audio Visual
- Drew Cachet Supreme DJs and Entertainment
You must be logged in to post a comment.